The Makerspace has partially reopened. For the safety of our staff and users we have implemented the following changes to Makerspace procedures:
- Do not come to the Makerspace to submit files – use our online job submission form: Web Submission Instructions
- Face masks must be worn while in the Makerspace. Please do not come to the Makerspace if you feel unwell, are coughing, or have a fever.
- Once you are notified parts are ready for pickup please only send one person.
- All other Makerspace facilities are closed to students for the duration of the summer. If you need something please contact us by email and we’ll see what can be done!
- Please see our updated summer hours
Designs and instructions to make the UIC Makerspace Face Shield: https://github.com/UIC-Makerspace/FaceShield
We have equipment and services to help support all College of Engineering undergraduate students in prototyping and manufacturing for class work and student organizations. We also support graduate research on a very limited basis (requires project approval).
If you have questions about what file types to bring, where we are located, what classes we offer, or what machines we have you can refer to the pages linked in the header for more information.
If you require accommodations, or have any apprehensions about using the Makerspace, we are here to help! Please email us and we will work with you to find or create accommodations that best suit your needs.